Home Page

Home Page

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Superhero Capes

J and I made him some more superhero capes.  I found a font that is so Awesome! (Thank you Pinterest!) The font is called Hall of Heroes and it has pretty much any superhero emblem you can think of.  I downloaded the font, ordered some fabric from Joanns and got to work.  I found a couple tutorials online that helped me figure out how to make them.  The first one is on vanillajoy.com and it gave a great suggestion to use a skirt pattern to get the shape of the cape.  Genious! However, I found a pattern for the collar that I really liked on floatingworldviews.com.  I am not sure how the lady on vanillajoy created her collars, but I used the pattern from fwv and adjusted it to fit the shape of the cape that I created from my skirt pattern.  After I got the capes cut out, and the edged surged, I printed out the emblems; or "powers" as J calls them and cut them out in the different colors then sewed them on.  They turned out awesome and J LOVES them. 


 I even found an emblem with an R on it for the baby.  He looks pretty dang cute in it too.


No comments:

Post a Comment