Home Page

Home Page

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

DIY Roman Shades

Again I have been inspired by Pinterest. I saw a picture of some DIY roman shades and knew that is exactly what i wanted to do in my living room.  I followed the link to the site 365 Days to Simplicityand realized that it would be SO easy to make them.  I was then on the search for fabric.  I live no where near a fabric store that carries home decorating fabric so i did much browsing online, with no luck.  I had to go to the Dr. in the "city", so I went to a Joann while I was there.  Again, no luck! I was getting a little frustrated! On my way home, I stopped at Walmart and decided that i might as well check there.  Can you believe they had the PERFECT fabric?! I was seriously AMAZED.  Not only did they have the perfect one for my shades, but they also had the one for my pillows!
But, back to the shades.  I pretty much followed the directions that 365 Days gives, however, I added a grommet to put the pull string through so i didn't have to reach around behind the shade each time I wanted to put them up or down.  I hope you can see that in the picture at the top of the string.

The best part was I didn't even have to lug my sewing machine out to make them.  All it took was a little "Heat n Bond" and fabric glue.  AMAZING, right? I know!  Here are some more pics to give you the full effect.
Aren't they awesome?  I seriously love them.  I often catch myself just looking at them and taking great pride in my gluing skills . . . .




No comments:

Post a Comment