Home Page

Home Page

Friday, March 16, 2012

Framed Textured Poster Prints


I had these cute poster prints of my babies and I wanted to frame them in big thick frames.  Well, Big Thick Frames are not in my budget.  Seriously, if a frame is more than $20, I am not going to buy it, no matter how great it is going to look on my wall.  So, I thought that I would make my own.  I went to the hardware store and bought some MDF Moulding.  I painted it black and then cut it with the miter saw to get the angles.  I stapled each piece together (which is REALLY hard to do with MDF).  I think brackets would be the way to go were I to do it again.  I then glued my poster prints to a sheet of MDF using Mod Podge.  I did this by rolling the Mod Podge on the MDF with a small foam roller, then scraping it with a credit card to make it smooth and to make sure that I didn't have too much on there (I didn't want it to bubble).  I had previously cut their names out with the cricut on some vinyl and then placed in on the front of the picture.  Once I had the picture glued on the board, I got some texture cream (I got mine fromPoppy Seed Projects, but there are other places to get it) and rolled it on over the top of the picture.  I did a couple of coats of it.  It is nice because you want it to be bumpy and textured so you don't have to worry about making it perfect and smooth.  Because I textured the photos I didn't have to have glass in the frame.  The texture cream makes it look almost like an artists painting.  I love the way they look on my wall.  Plus, the babies just make it look so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment